Magpie's true name is Margaret Sorrow. She was a chronic kleptomaniac and inmate at Black Gate Prison. While serving her time in the prison, she took part in experiments in mind manipulation conducted by Joe Braxton and Bethany Ravencroft. They used a helmet-like device on her to wipe away her original memories and personality and re-worked them into a new personality. She was given a new face and a new name; Cassie. However, certain aspects of Sorrow's original personality resurfaced in the form of Magpie. Magpie lost most of her memories and vowed to make Braxton and Ravencroft pay for what they did to her and get her stolen life back. The Cassie personality and the Magpie personality are completely unaware of each other. Cassie got work as Dr. Ravencroft's receptionist, possibly driven there subconsciously by Magpie in order to get close to Ravencroft in order to enact her revenge.
Cassie is a perfectly normal-looking young woman with short cropped hair and a bubbly personality. Magpie is a volatile personality with violent mood swings and a dangerous temper. She wears a white, shoulder length wig and black make-up around her eyes. She also sports a black leather outfit with feathery wing-like ornaments on her shoulders. Her fingernails can sprout into long razor sharp talons which she uses as her primary weapons. She is an extremely quick and agile fighter, easily keeping up with Batman. The experiments on her mind had the side effect of making her immune to pain, so she is much more durable than she appears and is able to ignore most injuries. She retains her original kleptomania and can't resist taking things that shine and sparkle much like her namesake.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Peak Human Agility
- Peak Human Speed
- Peak Human Accuracy
- Peak Human Flexibility
- Retractable Claws
- Master Level Martial Artist
- Expert Gymnast
- Superhuman Durability
- Pain Immunity
- "Shiny, Shiny!"
- "A person's secrets are sacred."
- "Nice belt! Can I have it?"
- "Margaret Sorrow is gone. There is only Magpie now!"
- Magpie is similar to other villains in terms of suffering from multiple-personality disorder like Dr. Jeremiah Arkham and Dr. Alchemy, while also not feeling pain like Flamingo.
- The color of her outfit and her personality are reminiscent of Catwoman.
- In comics, her real name was Margaret Pye and she was the villain responsible for Batman and Superman teaming up for the first time in Post-Crisis/Pre-New 52 continuity.
- In comics, she has a relationship with Poison Ivy.
- She has a longer hair in the original design.
|Beware The Batman Characters|