|“||Batman is not a hero. No one, who takes the law into their own hands, is.||”|
|Friends|| Barbara Gordon (daughter)
|Job|| Police Lieutenant (formerly)
Commissioner James "Jim" Gordon is a lieutenant turned police commissioner in Beware The Batman.
James Gordon is the current lieutenant of the Gotham City Police Department, and one of Batman's greatest rivals. He spent most of the early episodes trying to arrest Batman but, in Darkness, finally teamed up with him and the two have been partners ever since. After death of original commisioner of police of Gotham, he became new one.
He is a controversial political figure in Gotham City because of his willingness to work alongside a vigilante, but he is one of the most honest cops on the force, often struggling against corruption from within. He frequently works outside the law when necessary, although he maintains a strict unbreakable moral code. He has made it clear, many times, that he only tolerates Batman because they follow the same code and if he ever crossed the line, Gordon would not hesitate to bring him down. His daughter is Barbara Gordon.
- Expert Detective:
- Unflinching Loyalty To The Law:
- Expert Marksman:
- "Batman can get reception but I can't?
- "Are you waiting for an invitation? Get up there and arrest Batman!"
- "You know I like the kind with extra fat and extra salt."
- Jim Gordon is an important part of the Batman myths, first appearing the Detective Comics #27.
- Unlike his previous incarnations, in this version he doesn't like or trust Batman.
- This is due to the fact that the show takes place during Batman's early years, possibly inbetween or after Batman's first year as a crimefighter. The relationship with Gordon was more uneasy during that period.
- In Allies, he starts to look at Batman as good person like in the comics.
|Beware The Batman Characters|